Columbus Moms Blog strives to provide our readers with information all about Columbus, this includes our fantastic suburbs. Whether you are visiting from another suburb for the day, or new to the area, or coming into Hilliard from out of state, we wanted to provide you with some ideas for things to do in our west side suburb of Hilliard.
The guide is broken down into 3 sections: PLAY, EAT, and TREATS… check it out.
Hilliard’s Favorite Spots
- Located on the west side of Hilliard lives a gorgeous metro park full of play-structures, walking paths, wildflowers, and fun shelters for parties. It is a must visit spot in Hilliard for some outdoor fun and play. Make sure to bring your out of town guests too to this amazing park.
- Link: Homestead Metro Park
Tree of Life Play Cafe
- If you are in need for a spot for some indoor fun and grab some food in the process, this is your spot. Located right off 270 in Mill Run this play cafe is hours of fun. It is equipped with a play-structure that includes tunnels, slide, ball pit and a mini trampoline. There is an area for little ones to crawl and toys for imaginative play. I also highly recommend getting the pizza!
- Link: Tree of Life Cafe
Hilliard Splash Pad
- The free splash pad located on Hilliard’s main street is a hot spot for sure. Make sure to bring your bathing suit and some sunscreen and plan on making an afternoon of it! Located within walking distance to many of Hilliard’s favorite dining spots this a really fun weekend activity (scroll down to see Hilliard food spots). Bonus: Coffee Connection now delivers to the splash pad. Check out the sign when you are there for the details.
- Link: Hilliard Splash Park
Get Air Trampoline Park
- Another great spot for indoor fun is this large trampoline park great for all ages. They have specific toddler hour for our little ones. It is great spot to jump for an hour to burn off some energy.
- Link: Get Air
Hilliard Municipal Pools
- There are 2 community pools in Hilliard. The larger pool located on the west side of Hilliard is the Hilliard Family Aquatic Center. It has a very large zero entry pool with a slide and a diving board, a lazy river, a kid pool with slides and fountains, a designated lap pool, and 2 large slides for the big kids. It is just hours of fun. The east pool is smaller for a more relaxing vibe which includes a large pool and a kiddie pool. You don’t have to be a Hilliard resident to attend the pools and day rates are available.
- Link: Hilliard Municipal Pools
- Located on Hilliard’s Main Street in an old white farm house lives a cute little coffee shop with a free play area in the back building for family and friends to enjoy a great cup of coffee while the littles play. This coffee shop has some of the most amazing coffee in town.
- Link: Coffee Connections
Bo Jackson’s Elite Sports
- The Bo Jackson’s Elite Sports facility sure is a sight to be seen. The state of the art equipment and ideas within this establishment are really impressive. From a training space for athletes, to birthday parties, to team building, to camps you will find options to keep kids and adults busy all year long!
- Link: Bo Jackson’s Elite Sports
- One of Hilliard’s food gems is the Cuban inspired menu of Starliner Diner. It is now located in the heart of Old Hilliard on Main Street. It boasts a fantastic menu, fun and bright atmosphere with a wonderful outdoor patio for the nice Ohio days. They have the best brunch and good kid menu!
- Link: Starliner Diner
- Yummy Mexican food with a super fun vibe. The Hilliard location is on Main Street with a generous patio and endless amounts of chips and salsa. They have a kid menu for our young ones and very family friendly. Wonderful beers and margaritas as well for the grown-ups to enjoy!
- Link: Local Cantina
- Are you in the mood for some amazing authentic Mediterranean Food? Check out Olive Tree. It has some of the best Falafel around. It is just down right yummy. They also have carry out and quick service which is important with kids in tow.
- Link: Olive Tree
Nasty’s Sports Bar
- Located off the beaten path is Nasty’s Sports Bar. Nasty’s has wonderful “bar food” with tons of televisions if you want to get a way to watch a game. The location also has billiards in the back room and really good happy hour specials. They are family friendly and just good American Food.
- Link: Nasty’s Sports Bar
- Want the taste of real authentic Street Tacos in a restaurant setting? Come to Habaneros! Walk in and go on up to order as many tacos as you want! There is a kids menu if you have the little ones with you, and don’t forget they amazing bar selection! The queso dip is so delicious.
- Link: Habaneros
- Comfort food plus, they serve breakfast all day! Try the biscuits and gravy! It is a wonderful “ma and pa” family dining experience. Located on Main Street in Hilliard this great establishment is one to hit up and has a nice patio as well!
- Link: Abner’s
Whit’s Frozen Custard
- Another Hilliard Main Street favorite, Whit’s has the goods! Frozen custard with amazing combos that you can put together or pick some of the favorites off the menu. The location on Main Street is within walking distance from the splash pad which can make for such a fun little outing.
- Link: Whit’s Frozen Custard
Lil’ Donut Factory
- It is one of Hilliard’s favorite treat spots with the very best donuts. This shop sells some classic staples along with fun unique flavors such bacon and maple. This is such a Hilliard favorite that they have been known to sell out on the weekends, so do get there early!
- Link: Lil’ Donut Factory
- Cupcakes, cookies, and cakes galore, simply delightful flavors. Check out this bakery for your next party or simply stop on in for a sweet treat. They often give away free cupcakes if you look for notifications on social media (the kids love it).
- Link: Crumbz Bakery
- Pretty, pretty, pretty cakes and more at this little bakery. They make custom cakes and cupcakes for you next party/event. They also offer fun “Ladies Nights” to come on in and make some fun creations.
- Link: Cake Creations