We will soon be swapping out our swim bags and flip flops for backpacks and school shoes! As we wipe our tears because summer is coming to an end, we also know we have much to look forward to this Fall in Columbus! We spent the summer picking strawberries and blueberries but with the change of season comes a new produce to pick…apples! Honey Crisp! Gala! Mcintosh! Golden Delicious! So many different types, but one commonality- delicious taste, endless recipes and family fun with these Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards!
There are numerous pumpkin patches and festivals in Columbus this Fall (check out these options: Family-Friendly Fall Festivals) but we wanted to give you a narrowed down list of places to pick apples. If you haven’t been to any Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards before with your family, we highly suggest putting it on your go-to list. It’s a great activity to do with kids as they can taste test their apples along the way and then bring them home and enjoy making recipes together as a family. Be sure to check out the Farms below and check their websites for the most up to date information.
- Lynd Fruit Farm- This is a great place in Pataskala to pick apples and even make a day of it. They have many orchards and a farm market on the property. Their picking season begins August 26, 2016. One of the most popular weekends is the Honey crisp weekend, so mark your calendar for September 9-11. Advice: Go early! To find our more about Lynd’s Fruit Farm, click here: Lynd Fruit Farm
- The Orchard and Company- A wonderful family place to pick apples! Their kickoff is August 6 and 7 with a special Zestar apple. Check their website for other dates on apples and the fun events they have going on! The Orchard and Company
- Lawrence Orchards- This orchard is a bit of a drive from Columbus (45 minutes) but offers a lovely variety of apples for picking. They have an apple butter festival and Apple Fest as well. Be sure to use their website to find the U-Pick schedule and plan a day trip with your family! Lawrence Orchards
- Cherry Hawk Farm- This U-Pick farm is located in Marysville, Ohio. The farm is a very quiet and secluded setting and is the perfect spot to pick apples. The Grand Opening Special is this weekend, August 6 and 7. They offer a great space to bring a picnic and have lunch on the farm. Check their website for their apple schedule: Cherry Hawk Farm
- Apple Hill Orchard- This farm is located in Mansfield, Ohio. We thought it could be a fun day trip or for those readers from the Northeast area of Ohio, a great spot to meet family halfway. This is a beautiful family owned orchard with U-pick apples and even an apple sling shot! Be sure to check their website for the picking schedule: Apple Hill Orchards
With 5 different Columbus U-Pick Apple Orchards to choose from, you will have plenty of apple produce to make apple sauce, apple pie, apple crisp, apple chips…the possibilities are endless. Let us know your favorite spot and happy picking!