It is Spring in Columbus, and with that comes some rainy days. The next time you have a cloudy day check out The Shops at Worthington Place (aka-Worthington Mall) with the crew for a fun playdate. The Worthington Mall is such a great gem for inside fun in Columbus. It is seriously one of my favorite places to come when I need to get the kids out!
- Hit up the very toddler-friendly indoor play area. There is a play-structure with one entrance and exit point to help contain little ones. It’s a great play area for the 5 and under crowd (my 4-year-old twins still love this play space).
- Bring a lunch and have a picnic after you play in the kid area. There are small tables and bathrooms nearby for a great lunch spot with the kiddos.
- Explore the cute boutique stores inside the Mall. Check out Party Like It’s Your Birthday. They have toddler Play Art Groups Tuesday and Thursday from 10-11am. If you have older children, you can simply come in at any time to do a craft! Loads of fun things to do! They just expanded and opened a Play Space with a variety of things to keep the kids entertained such as free play in the dramatic play centers, art area, scheduled activities and more. Great news for parents: The staff will lead group activities for the children throughout the day so parents can get a little work time in onsite or just simply relax.
- Bring your kids to fountain in the middle of the mall to make a wish and throw a coin or two in. The kids love looking at the fountain. There are also some nice tables to sit and lounge and eat some lunch at in this area.
- Learning Express Toys is a fun store to stop in and browse. If you find something to buy, they offer free gift wrapping and personalization so that’s a nice bonus.
- Before you leave for the day get some treats at the Cookie Dough Creamery. They have some homemade cookie dough and ice cream with endless topping for amazing sugar kick! You pay for the bowl, not by weight so you can load it with toppings and not be surprised by the bill.
Until next time…